Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pre-SBR run/walk LSD trial....

The Half marathon is just a week away and my longest run is only 10km....I had a lazy afternoon sleeping away becos of the heavy downpour.....I woke up with clear sky and good weather and decided to try out my run/walk with my new shoes...and today will be the 3rd time I using it ever since I got it a week ago

I decided 15km will be a god distance to gauge my run/walk fitness and plot the route at runningahead.com when I found this suitable route:

The route mainly encompass the 10km route I used last week and 2 days ago plus going further round punggol park..Starting at 6pm when the sky is still bright...I get to run pass places where I always run in the night...

Started slowly and warming up...i maintained a good pace for the first 5km during my 8min run and relaxed 2 min walk....

I managed to hit 10km mark in 65min which is just 4min behind my continuous run timing last week.....but after 10km...my body started to feel loosen and smooth....my aim today is to complete the distance so I maintain a comfortable pace....a few long waiting traffic lights after 12km was a good extra break

I hit 14km in 1hr 34min and still got reserved....I push a bit harder to finished the last 1km within 5:30min and the whole run in 1hr 40min flat.....

5.0km 0 33:01min@6:37min/km

4.9km - 32:17min@6:36min/km

4.2km - 29:16min@6:59min/km

1.0km - 05:28min@5:28min/km

Still in good shape at the end of the run....i think should have no problem finishing the 21km next sun.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails