Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I am Back Running!

I was feeling tired after 5pm...I guess I did not eat enough...feeling no energy to keep awake...almost dozed off on the bus on my way back....trying to read the book "The Art of Running" but only managed a few pages....However, I am determine to run tonight. Reached home feeling energetic suddenyl, took a quick pack of MILO, wore the Polar HRM S210 which I borrowed from Kay, prepared my RED water bottle into my bottle holder, slipped into my old faithful ASICS Cumulus VI and headed out of the door. I actually intended to try out my new Mizuno Wave Rider 8 or my Black Beauty today, but I do not want to test the durability of Mizuno WR 8 at the reservoir and I wanted to leave my Black Beauty virgin run till this sat macritchie run. As wat I usually did before my run, I headed for the chin-up bar and did 10 chin-up (wow! more than my usual 8). Did a bit of turning and twisting for warm-up, I started my run round Bedok Resrvoir...Started feeling very good...checking constant my heartrate for the first time...it started to shoot up to 162 and maintained for a while...as i continued, I remember what I read from "The Art of Running", look middle distance ahead and also remember what i read from "ChiRunning" concentrate on your elbow swing back (Run with your arms swing)...I was feeling tall as ran comfortably at a constant quick pace, concentrating on my breathing and arm swing...I reached the 2.4km point and clocked 12:45min I tried no upping my pace but maintained the effort till the end, increasing my stride speed but not all out, I finished with a decent time of 22:27min...running the second 1.9km for 9:42min... Did a 1km walk for recovery and some stretching on my legs, I did a post-run chin-up for 8 times. Look like, my fitness has not degrade too much...just that based on my half marathon last sunday, look like I will need more time to increase my mileage for my year end full marathon.. Run statistics: Avg HR:170 Max HR:188 2.4km for 12:45 min at 5:19min/km 1.9km for 9:42 min at 5:09min/km Overall 4.3km for 22:27 min at 5:13min/km Cheers............i am down but not out, and I will be back stronger

2 comments:

The DreamRunner said...

wow, taz, u can really do chin-ups...

must learn from you one of these days

good going!

run to live said...

Hi DreamRunner,

Thanks for dropping by.....

Chin-up is my weakest point in IPPT actually....I can do more now due to my weight loss of 7kg....

Actually is the same as running, run consistently, u will improve, pull consistently you will do more...So why not do before and after you run.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails