Saturday, September 03, 2005

I cleared my IPPT!!!

Yes! I cleared my IPPT for this work year 2 days before dateline!! I was very happy cause I was quite stress about this IPPT for the past one month. I first booked my IPPT on 6th Aug. Unfortunately, I was sick few days before that....real sick...coughing until my lungs coming out! So i postponed one week after...but my cough got worst and became bronchitis relapsed!!! I continue postpone my IPPT one week after another until today which is my last last chance!! To my surprised! I have improved all my static stations compared to last yr...only my running was slower by 7sec!! But my fitness is really low....I was panting like a dog after every static stations and everyone was staring at me thinking I OK or not. As for my 2.4km, My target was 12min, I need to run 3 rounds of 800m so that will be 2min per round. My tactic works.....run light, small quick consistent strides rather than my usual long strides. My first round was feeling OK and I did a quick 3:35min. I slowed down during my second round as I know I might not be able to complete if I increase my pace too early and I started to feel dehydration so I did a slow 3:56min. For the last round, I started to feel my stomach muscle weakening but I pressed on and increased my pace and completed in a decent time of 11:07min....3:35min for the last round and I was coughing and coughing after that but this was much better than my REAL Run ending last week. I have also digged out my IPPT results and 2.4km run ever since my first try during sec 1. Unfortunately, data during my 2 years of junior college and 2 years of army was lost...but still an interesting piece of data....showing how I have fared throughout the past 15 years....This year, I have clocked my fastest shuttle run and my slowest 2.4km timing.....8-(

Click on the above table to see the big table....

Overall, it is a surprised results....as last year..I did it 3 weeks after I recovered and trained for it, this year I did not recover fully and I did not exercise for the past 5 weeks and did much better. Anyway, I got the $200.....should be using it to buy a new running shoes! Yippee!

Cheers.....................

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails