Wednesday, April 16, 2008

LDS: Long Distance Swim

About 2 months ago, I started to incorporate swimming into my exercise program....I managed to keep it consistent for past 8 weeks..I would go for at least one swim per week...last few weeks, I actually went for 2....

I tried going to Jalan Besar Swimming complex on sunday afternoon and the timing is perfect...not much swimmers and I am able to do laps easily....it was recent weeks that I started to swim after work during weekday nite that I tried to look for a suitable pool...

first with Geylang East which is quite ulu but was a disaster...hit with a water aerobic class that resulted in only 2 lanes that is able to swim full 50m laps....a lot of swimmers...too crowded to do proper swim...

Second, I went Jalan Besar....nice place to reach from my office....crowd is so so...still managable but 2 classes of children swim classes came and cause a lot of disruption....only after 8pm that the pool is good enough for laps

And this evening, I tried the one nearest to my office and the supposed to be very ulu........

I reached the pool very early at about 6:35pm.......saw the sign that 3 lanes will be closed for swimming lesson from 6:45pm and 8:45pm....then I met babu in the changing room then I found out that Alex's classes has shifted to here every tues and wed....

Saw a big group of people eating and chatting by the pool...the pool has only < 10 swimmers and I managed to do reasonable warm up swim...then saw Mr Sotong and Miss Lin as well who are joining Alex's class....then I realised the 3 lanes are reserved for them....that is good as I heard a big crowd is coming down for the class

I started my LONG DISTANCE Swim and managed to have proper clear path.....the first 10 laps are fien and I clocked 13:11min....as I continue, I realised that less swimmers are in the pool....the big crowd has changed to their swim attire and a briefing was conducted for them....second 10 laps took 13:30min.....i thought of stopping but my body has warmed up and decided to go for another 10.....i went on and finished the last 10 in 13:31min...so I took 40:12min for 1.5km...no a bad one and I was able to maintained the consistent speed for last 20 laps

Then the large crowd was splitted into 3 groups with an instructor for each....and they occuppied 3 different sides of the pool...then i realised is a life-saving class.....the whole pool was occupied and luckily public swimmers left only 2!!! Me and another old man using lane 4....I was doing some easy laps until Alex's class ended and joined the Tall one and the Ang Mo very good one for a nice Yong Tou Hu at Jalan Besar

Considered I only started consistent swimming 8 weeks ago, it was a big improvement in my swim time.....My first timing for 1km was 2 weeks again and I took 28:47min...within 2 weeks, I managed to cut down 2min to 26:41min.....damn...I started to get addicted.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails