Sunday, August 26, 2007

Singapore Bay Run 2007

2 days leading to my first running event of the year was a tough one....starting from friday...office work was crazy...some unreasonable dateline...got to wake up damn early to go work.....lucky i took half day before hand...if not got to work late.........SAT work up 5am to go and do 5km route march with about 10-15kg load....my feet expanded over the years but din change my boots.....ended up left feet pain at BOF.....big toes also swollen a bit.......althought is only an hour walk, long time never carry so heavy load is another issue.......quite strained.....weighed myself....damn..i am 5kg heavier than what i supposed to be...no wonder felt so heavy doing chinup....and big tummy very obvious now woke up at 3.30am!! supposed to meet up with S and CM and share cab...in the end, only me and CM and lucky last min, CM's dad agreed to drive us down! thanks uncle!!!....this year fitness not enough so i decided to take do a slow one...last longest run is 17km and i never ran more than 2hrs for last few months......I decided to use my Adizero again this time: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket insaned me!! trying to add more challenge to this year slow run....plus i cannot trust the bag deposit system there....so i decided to run with my water bag with my change of clothes....filled up only abt 1.5L of water...so load is abt 2kg...took only any apple in the morning. Tried to plot the route with mapmyrun and is quite accurate.... Official route:

Supposed to meet up with WS and run/walk together...but no fate...saw so many safra runners but not WS......have to queue up for the long queue at the toilet under the esplanade bridge before the start...it was a big crowd as usual......took me 3 and a half minute to hit the startline after the flag off........i have been doing 8min run, 2min walk all this while...but was crazy enough to try doing 2km run/ 2min walk........got 2 distance marker a bit too short(6-7km, 15-16km)...if you see my timing from the table below..............met sotong and roonz strolling along the way, ah bee was running fast and cut me...met also james before sheares bridge........went for a pee at east coast park just before the 14km mark....i was able to maintain my run for every 2km until after 18km...... decided to keep it slow instead of pushing towards the end.......took 2min walk at every distance marker.....hit 20km and met james again...walked with him for 400m before w run to the finishing line..... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket although not very impressive timing (my longest 21km) but with my extra load...it was an achievement for me this time.....preparing for all the aching and pains for the next few days Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails