Saturday, March 27, 2010

Longest hard road run with VFF...and first time without calves aches

My previous longest run on hard concrete/tarmac with my Vibram FiveFingers is 10.3km 2 weeks ago...and that is the only one run > 10km....

All these while, I have been running 8km or 6.3km...one of the reason to be so conservative is because of my calves.....whenever I run hard concrete/tarmac, my calves will also started to ache or strain or "burning" between 2km to 4km into the run....the last 10km started after 5km........it takes quite a lot of the calves to be conditioned to take the 100% of the load...

That is the reason why I am actually running twice in the MacRitchie Trail per week because in the trail, my calves does not feels anything!!!! In fact, at the time when I have extended my longest run to 13km (without any calves burning), I was able to run only 8km on the hard road and my calves are burning after 4km.

In consideration to the coming 2XU Compression 12km Run in Sentosa in 2 weeks time, I think I better try running at least a 12km before I going into the event.....so with a free friday nite, I decided to find a new route to run and decided to try this combination which I never tried before:



This route is similar to the 2XU Compression Run route in Sentosa such that the first part of the run is flat followed by slopes and the part part of the run is flat again.

I was glad to be able to finish the run in relatively good time and good moral!!...in fact, at a slightly faster average pace compared to my last longest 10.3km ......

runs goes on.............

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails