Running barefoot and running in minimalist footwear has hit this region...somehow..there are increasing amount of reports and articles in the media for this topics.....
1. RazorTV covering barefoot running with 3 local runners
2. Mind Your Body in Strait Times has an article on "back to bare basics"
3. Channelnewsasia also covers on "Just do it barefoot: running shoeless is better"
4.The Star in Malaysia also covers running with Vibram FiveFingers
5. Another article in The Star on the same day covers on easing into minimalist footwear
6. Not related to running, divaasia has an article on "Barefoot comfort"
This is especially so hot mainly due to a scientific report publish on the nature journal and this research is originated from Harvard. The website for this research is at http://www.barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/
The question is: Can this new wave of belief, research results and proven cases affect the billion dollar industry for running shoes???