Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MR to kallang and back

Weather for the past weeks have been very predictable.....Sunshine in the morning and after lunch, the dark clouds will arrived and heavy downpour will happen...followed by drizzling until late after and by 6.30PM, everything should clear.

The same happened last evening. The plan is to do the weekly weekday MR run....today's downpour was much heavier than last 3 weeks and the rain started after lunch and stopped just before I reached MR...I thought the trail will be quite muddy and maybe I should try other option...

And I decided and went for the route below:





I deposited my bag in MR locker and went for a 14.6km loop and back to MR for washup....The first half of the route from MR to Kallang River is actually quite OK with few stoppages, the bad part came after leaving Kallang riverside park..the route back to MR has plenty of traffic crossing and waiting...

But overall is a very good run...able to maintain at a comfortable pace and considered that I did a fast tempo the day before, I am not getting any aching or pain from the run...

This is the longest single run on the road that I have clocked using my VFF...........my calves are fine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails