Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Full day adventure with Vibram Five Fingers Sprint

It was a great sunday morning where the sun is high and bright. I decided to bring my five fingers sprint out for an adventure.....

First is to slip it on and went for a light jog in the grass trail....My feet love the "raw" feel of the ground...the soft and comfortable soil to step on..

The good weather has prompted me and my wife to go cycling from Changi Beach to East Coast Park...The only way to do that is to rent a bike from PITSTOP, the only bike rental service that allows rented Bike to be returned at a different station

Is kind of weird feeling at first that my sole is feeling the pedal holes and grooves....I was able to pedal better with the good grip on the pedals

As you can expect...my VFF did draw some curious eyes along the way.....The whole rides took about 2hrs and we went to the beach side and relax....and let my VFF to enjoy the nice weather and scenery

Next stop is a new shopping mall is Singapore Shopping street called Orchard Central....Hidden inside this new shopping mall is the world tallest indoor VIA FERRATA at 30m high operated by Border Crossing.

After safety and equipment briefing, we went on our way....I was the lead climber wit my VFF..........

And we reached the end point in about 20mins.....my VFF has provided superb grip on the and steel rigs and also on the wall for certain part of the route......it gives me more confidence when challenged at difficult path on the wall....

And just one climb on the VIA FERRATA is not enough.....I went for another round of Rock Climbing....VFF grip on the rocks are great...VFF will be good for adventure racing where multi-discipline challenges including running, biking, kayaking, rock climbing, rope ascent where good grip and feel by the feet helps a lot...

Great day out with my VFF Sprint

6 comments:

Barefoot Pua said...

it's great to see more people going in minimalist running. How about trying barefoot running?

insanet@z said...

thanks for dropping by.

Not going bare in the near future.
Let me get my running going without cushioning first.

Eileen said...

no credits for e photographer ah? opps haha =)

Anonymous said...

HI

Wondering where you got that shoe in Singapore? And the price?

insanet@z said...

Hi Muhammad,

they can be found at


1. Outdoor Life, Velocity Novena Square, #02-60. Tel: 62554814
2. Feder Sports, Peninsular Plaza, #02-59. Tel: 63360492
3. Adventure 21, Chinatown Square, #02-03A. Tel: 65350232
4. The Windsurfing Shop Pte Ltd 1390 East Coast Parkway (Water-Venture East Coast, Area G). Tel: 64491955
5. Isetan Scotts, Level 3, Sports Department, located at Shaw House
6.Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Level 4, Sports Department (Cashier Area) - ( Near Angus Restuarant )

you can go down and have a try and check out the prices

zbsports said...

Gread adventure of your vibram five fingers shoes. Your shoes goes a long run and treasure great memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails