Sunday, July 24, 2005

Running Gear IV: My Hydration pack

Hydration during runs especially long runs more than 5km(for me) is very important. Singapore is a very hot and humid country so we tends to sweat a lot. Drinking during runs not only replace the water loss thru sweat, and also for the body to regular our temperature. Especially during hot days when the sun is over your head, water helps to cool down your engine and prevent over heat and dehydration. Here is an article from Runner's World on Hydration When I run except for races, I will always have my hydration pack with me......probably the only one on the road using this...so another way to identify me: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I got this Urban Equipment water bottle carrier from Sports connection for <$10. Maybe the cheapest around for this size, there is another model which is smaller and cheaper. Compared to branded ones from NIKE, Adidas, fuelbelt.....I think is a a very good buy. This will also help to check on you running form whether you are bouncing or hopping like kangaroo (you will feel the water bottle jumping up and down) or running properly without bounce (you will feel this as part of your butt). Red Adidas 750ml water bottle which I got it free from 2004 Adidas warehouse sale for spending >$50. Fit into the water bottle carrier nicely. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Cheers..........Run like that is no tomorrow

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails