Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spooky virgin LSD.....Ghost review

I know is crazy.....is a risk to take a new shoes out for virgin run for LSD....

After getting the shoes for 2 hrs....I decided to take it for a ride straight away....the weather was wonderful....it was raining earlier on and the sky is cleared but certain part fot he sky still cloudy and threatening

I missed the morning run because of heavy rain.....happened to have nothing plan in the evening before dinner, I decided to do a long run......my first long run beyond 12km (since last passion run)

I ran along Bedok Reservoir and decided to head out to bedok park connector as I dun want to run loops around the reservoir....the weather got better....cooling breeze blew and the new shoes is happening.....i decided to try and reach ECP using the park connector and loop back thru Kembangan Park connector.....

With measuring the distance before hand....i managed to finished the whole 19km alive with my new baby.....

Back to my new baby....Trying so many cushioned shoes for the past 4 years..either I owned them or trying out at the store....This shoes is different....very different....the first pounding of the shoes got stranged because this is first time I wear shoes with cushioning emphasing more on the forefoot...

when standing with it....the heels is not higher than the forefoot...but landing with it felt that the forefoot cushioning is thicker than the heels......there is a big pad of cushioning under the forefoot area where it started to curl up...

As a result, every landing is more comfortable for me as I landed more on the forefoot especially the ball of the foot...I do not need like other shoes to keep thinking of landing on my forefoot...wearing this shoes will naturally cause my landing to be right on the right spot without thinking

I must same...I will give high points for this shoes for being the best fit for my running gait than any other shoes I tried before....

On point about this shoes which will be found from other runners' comments ont eh web is that the forefoot is actually narrow and the last is a straight last...for runners who has wider feet will find this very snug and a bit tight....good news is...GHOST 2 has arrived and according to comments, brooks has widen the forefoot and also increased the forefoot cushioning (look like newton has a challenger)

I will recommend this shoes for runners who has a neutral gait and running on fore/mid-foot

Ghosts 2 on the web: Brooks latest range of shoes including the ghost 2 Feedback on Ghost 2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails