Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2 days combo

Marathon training took a new meaning this year......instead of run, run, run.....I started to do swim(closed water in the pool), bike(stationary in the gym), run(weekend long run in the trail).......this is call indirect training

This week is hectic.....and I did a combo for yesterday and today...

Last sat thunderstorm run took a toll on my lower legs muscles....never have I ache for so long after long run....walking also can feel the "pain"

In anticipating evening rain....I decided to head to the gym for a pedalling session for 35min.....tried to maintain >90RPM and I did an average of 39km/hr with different intensity....took the program called alpine pass

Reached home later than usual last nite...I decided to head for a run to ease off the lower leg ache.......went at consistent speed not over-pushing..I did a reasonable 8km and found my aches disappeared

Today still felt the ache on the lower legs....after a long day of frustrating work.....I head down to the pool for my weekday swim

I decided to do some set training.....warmup for 10 laps and found myself swimming my faster 10 laps at 11min.........actually planned to do 10x2 laps with 30s rest...but after 8 laps....i decided to call it quit.......swim interval not my game.....and I went on to cool down with 14 laps to make up a total of 2km swim to wrap up the day....i will stick to my slow continuous swim..........

Hope for good weather tomolo for another short run before resting on friday and get really for another double whopper over the weekend

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails