Saturday, August 09, 2008

080808 Olympic Day Run .........

As everyone has heading home to catch the long Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony, I head home to change up for another run of the week.....planned to do it last nite but whacky rain dampen the mood and I was tired over work

If I want to make it to the big day on 7 Dec...this is not enough.....I decided to go slow and up my distance again since I have a full 2 days rest since my last run.

Took my elite out this time....then I realised...I should have done a run on this 080808 at 8:08PM for 8km and complete in 88min...anyway, I not so bo liao enough to do it......so I decided to start from my usual junction and end up at punggol plaza

Tonite is also cooling and good weather for a run...i controlled my speed so that I will not push too hard too early....and never hit so long for so long....after this run...i better back out a bit before I push again....run/walk 21km should be no problem for AHM this year....

Long time never run this route....not much changes....except I notice that there used to have a fence up and work at the punggol east side beside sungei serangoon for a driving range. But it is now empty....wonder if the project was shelf or waiting for the grass to grow...

managed to finish 9.8km in exactly about an hour.....a good run with a constant pace of about 6:10min/km on the Olympic day

Still managed to watch the last 2 hrs of the cermony after the 100th nation marched past....and managed to catch Singapore team which is the 188th country to come out...what an auspicious number as well...hopefully, an Olympic medal will be possible this time....

OK...tomolo is National Day...no run for me....sleep time

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails